NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE - Goodreau
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
DATE: April 11, 2018
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDE BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSED
1. Date of Mortgage: June 26, 2009
2. Mortgagor: John A. Goodreau and Melissa J. Goodreau, Husband and Wife
3. Mortgagees: The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Finance Corporation
4. Recording Information: Recorded on 7/7/2009, as Document Number A000425290 in the Office of the County Recorder of Carlton County, Minnesota.
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: None
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGED PREMISES
6. Tax parcel identification numbers of the mortgaged premises: 60-026-0761
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises:
West 330 feet of North 660 feet of Northwest Quarter of Northwest Quarter, Section 5, Township 47, Range 18.
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: 3494 County Road 4, Barnum, MN 55707.
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage: is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30.
10. The name of the residential mortgage servicer or the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Finance Corporation.
11. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is: The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Finance Corporation.
INFORMATION REGARDING FORECLOSURE
12. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
13. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $106,000.00.
14. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $89,586.80.
15. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Carlton County, Minnesota, at public auction at 10 a.m., on June 26, 2018, at the Carlton County Sheriff's Office 317 Walnut Avenue, Carlton, MN 55718.
16. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor's personal representatives or assigns is six months after the date of sale.
17. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, "If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23." If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on: January 26, 2019.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR'S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
Name and address of Attorney
for Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Larry A. Kimball, #159608
Kimball Law Office
PO Box 1240
Walker, MN 56484
Name of Mortgagee or
The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe
Pine Journal: May 10, 17, 24, 31, June 7 & 14, 2018 # 2625365